how to de-stress || 13 Ways to Reduce Stress - Self Care Tips
13 Ways to Eliminate Stress Fast
Let’s face it, stress is our enemy. It drains our energy, puts us in a funky mood, affects our sleep, grays our hair prematurely, and causes wrinkles. We can’t always control the events that affect our lives, but we can control how we react, and find ways to to take our minds off of our stressors.
Stress is a chemical based response to our environment. What started off as the body’s response to dangerous, life-threatening situations has become our body’s response to our everyday environment. Work, commuting, family commitments, and even our friends can be constant causes of stress.
The quicker you attack stress, the less damaging its effects are on your body. These tips will grant instant stress relief no matter where you are.
1. Sleep/Nap –Naps allow you a quick reset in the middle of the day. Find a comfy chair or couch and doze off for 15-30 minutes to rest your buzzing brain. If you are having trouble falling or staying asleep, here are3 Yoga Classes for Better Sleep that might help.
2. Walk – Is the weather nice outside? Head out into the sun and go for a walk around the block. Sun rays and fresh air bring positive energy.
3. Snack –Food makes us happy and snacks make us happier. A small piece of dark chocolate or some fruit with peanut butter are both delicious options to please your taste buds. ThisSnack Pretzel Stackis a delicious treat.
4. Music –Nothing soothes our minds and bodies like our favorite songs. Everyone should have a feel good playlist. Turn it on shuffle and let the music bring you back to serenity.
5. Treat Yourself – Think ice cream, a hearty lunch, a trip to the nail salon, or a spa treatment. Make your own spa treatments at home with some of ourDIY beauty recipes.
6. Exercise –Nothing takes away a world of trouble like a heart-racing workout. Even if you’re at a work desk, do some pushups or dips and get your blood flowing. Try our5- Minute Desk Workout.
7. Draw – Pick up a pencil, grab a sheet of paper, and let your mind guide you to create something fun and random.
8. Breath Deeply –Sometimes, you just need to step away from it all. Find a calm place, inhale deeply through your nose, and exhale through your mouth for 1 minute.
9. Laugh – It has always been true that laughter is the best medicine. A good laugh can help relieve any tension that’s been building up during the day.
10. Spread Love – Pick up your phone and send a text or make a phone call and tell someone how much they mean to you. Hearing the joy in their voice will make you feel loved and appreciated. Win-win.
11. Aromatherapy –A pleasant scent can calm and relax your mind and body. Essential oils such as peppermint and lavender are perfect for relaxation. ThisDIY Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrubis relaxing.
12. Write –Jot down some positive aspects that you appreciate about yourself. The more you remind yourself how special you are, the better you’ll feel.
13. Stretch – Get up and stretch from head to toe and fingertip to fingertip. Relax your muscle and joints, start blood flow and readjust it all to help relieve stress.
Video: 17 Science-Backed Ways to Relieve Stress Right Now!
9 Toning Moves You Can Do With An Exercise Ball
Trend on trial: Surfset Fitness
Its Here Watch the Trailer for the Movie Version of Roald Dahls The BFG
How to Treat Musculoskeletal Pain Without Surgery
Chicken and Spinach Parmesan
Why People Continue toWork Even After They Won aMillion
11 Hilarious Stories That Prove Kids Are Out to Embarrass Their Parents
How to Get Rid of Gypsy Moths
Trump faces limits in attempt to reverse climate change policies
Zero to 5K: Getting Started
How to Legally Defend Yourself when Assaulted by an Elderly Person
How to Make Your House Smell Like Christmas