Fresh Ham with Spiced Apple Glaze Recipe – How to Cook Fresh Ham with Spiced Apple Glaze
Fresh Ham with Spiced Apple Glaze
A whole ham will provide enough meat for your grandest dinner party. A fragrant blend of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg—ideal with pork—is rubbed on before roasting. Serve with several kinds of mustard.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With knife, remove skin and trim excess fat from pork leg, leaving only a thin layer of fat.
- In cup, combine thyme, cinnamon, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cloves. Use to rub on pork. Place pork, fat side up, on rack in large roasting pan (17-inch by 11 1/2-inch). Roast pork 3 hours. Cover pork loosely with tent of foil. Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork (not touching bone) registers 150 degrees F, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat apple jelly and vinegar to boiling over high heat; boil 2 minutes. Set aside.
- When pork has reached 150 degrees F, remove foil and brush pork with glaze. Continue roasting pork, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze, until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F. (Meat near bone will be slightly pink.) Internal temperature of pork will rise to 170 degrees F upon standing.
- When roast is done, transfer to warm large platter;let stand 20 minutes to set juices for easier carving. Makes 24 main-dish servings.
Nutritional informationis based on one serving.
Video: Smoked Fresh Ham Recipe - How to Smoke Ham on the BBQ
Chef Miles McMaths Personal Pizzas
How to Cope With a Catheter
How to Apply Lipstick
How to Convince Your Parents to Let You Homeschool
How to Bake a Delicious Pink Zebra Cake
Tuesday’s NailCall: FeelingFestive
19 Party Hairstyles For Long Hair
How to Feed Your Rabbit with Pellets
How to Design a Tasteful User Page
Signs your partner is cheating in a long-distance relationship
People With MS May Have Trouble Recognizing Emotions
7 Crohns Disease Phone Apps to Download Now
How to Find Good Friends As an Adult