How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 3g Added Sugars||6%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep20 min, Cook18 min
Did you know that pumpkin is a superfood? It is chock full of vitamins, antioxidants, potassium, and iron. Combined with a natural sweetener and almond meal instead of flour, this gluten-free pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling is a healthier version of a traditional pumpkin roll. If you're looking to make a dessert that you can enjoy without guilt, this is it.
This pumpkin roll freezes well too, so you can always have on hand and pull it out for guests or family when they come to visit. It is delicious served with whipped cream and a sprinkle of toasted chopped pecans and will satisfy your sweet tooth and fill you up (unlike other healthy desserts), helping to control any lingering sugar cravings.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- Sugar substitute equal to 3/4 cup sugar (such as stevia)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Powdered sugar for rolling cake (optional)
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan (nonstick preferred) with parchment paper. You can use butter under it, at least around the edges, to "glue" it down if you prefer. Then butter the top of the paper as well.
- Mix dry ingredients well in an electric mixer bowl. Add wet ingredients (pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water) and beat for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 F. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. You don't want the top to be browned or the cake will be too stiff to roll.
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Place a clean tea towel on the counter and sprinkle with powdered sugar—this is optional but will prevent the cake from sticking to the towel. Flip the pan on top of the towel and remove the pan. Carefully peel off the parchment paper. Now, roll the cake in the dish towel, starting with a long side (so the cake will be long and thin). Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: mix up the cream cheese, vanilla, and syrup. Adjust to taste—if you want the filling sweeter, you can add a little more syrup.
- Carefully unroll cake, but don't try to get it all the way flat or there is more of a danger of breaking. Spread filling on the cake and slowly roll the cake back up.
Video: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll Cake with Cream Cheese
Easy Escapes: Southern California
10 Easy Hair Hacks That Make Any Updo aBreeze
Slow Cooker Clean Eating Pork Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Slaw
The New Digital Diet
How to Lose Weight Fast With Ice Cream in Your Diet
Some Health Fads May Not Be All That Healthy
These Are the 3 Biggest Fashion Trends Right Now, According ToGoogle
How to Clear Your Skin Overnight
What a Fasting Diet Can and Cant Do for Your Health
Pistachio Chicken with Couscous and Greens
The race to lab-grown sausages, burgers ... and dog food
What Is Sjogrens Syndrome
Discover More Quick and Easy Recipes Now