Shortest Boeing 787 Flight: Curacao - Aruba Island Hopper with TUI fly Netherlands
How to Fly to Curacao
Curacao is a Dutch Caribbean island with beautiful beaches and coral reefs. If you're planning on flying there, you can start by booking your plane ticket. Compare several different airline websites to find a good price. In order to start enjoying the beaches of Curacao, you'll need to show your passport, proper documents, and completed Embarkation Disembarkation card, as well as pay an airport departure fee.
Scheduling Your Flight
Select the dates for your trip to Curacao.The best time to fly to Curacao is anytime between May and November, so try to book your trip during this time. Airfare during this period will be more affordable since this is the off-season.
- The majority of people travel to Curacao between December and April, which is when prices will be the highest.
Go online to find reasonably priced flights.Visit websites such as Expedia or TripAdvisor to find good deals on flights to Curacao. Type your information into the website’s search box, including the dates you plan to travel and the airport you’ll depart from, to find your options.
- Book a round-trip ticket to ensure your flight back home.
- Flights to Curacao leave from locations including the U.S., Netherlands, Germany, Venezuela, and the Caribbean.
Compare several different airline prices to find the best option.Instead of just choosing the first ticket you come across, do some research. Check several different websites to see if there are better prices. If you’re a bit flexible regarding when and where you leave from, try adjusting these options when searching to find the cheapest fare.
- For example, check to see if it’s cheaper to leave from a different airport. You can also adjust the days of your trip to see if it’s cheaper to leave and/or come back on a different day, if possible.
Book your flight through the airline’s website.Once you’ve chosen a flight, complete your purchase through the website. Make sure you fill out all of the correct information, such as the dates you’ll be flying, your full name, and your payment information. Check your email to make sure you received the confirmation after you complete the payment process.
- Consider paying an extra fee for flight insurance just in case you’re unable to go on the trip, if applicable.
Procure a valid passport.You’ll need to show a valid passport when you enter Curacao, as well as when you leave. If you don't have one, aim to apply for one at least 6 weeks before you leave for your trip. If you already have a passport, check the expiration date to see if it’s still valid, and if it has expired, plan to renew it.
- It can take several weeks to months to renew a passport (unless you pay extra to have it expedited), so make sure you start the process as early as possible.
Gather all of the necessary documents.In addition to your passport, you might be asked to show other documents when you arrive in Curacao, such as your return ticket and proof of lodging. It’s also a good idea to bring paper money and/or a credit card with you in case you’re asked to show proof of sufficient funds as well.
- The official currency of Curacao is the Netherlands Antillean guilder (NAFI), though many spots will accept the US dollar as well.
- If you have a one-way ticket, you're more likely to be asked to show proof of sufficient funds for a return ticket, such as a credit card, just so they know you're not trying to stay in Curacao permanently.
Fill out the Embarkation Disembarkation card.It’s easiest if you fill this out online before your trip. However, some flights will also give you a copy of the card on the plane so that you can fill it out before you land in Curacao. Everyone needs to fill the ED card out before they’re allowed to come into Curacao.
- You can find the ED card online at .
- You’ll be asked to fill in questions such as your name, your passport number, birth date, and flight number.
- The ED card helps you move through the immigration line more quickly.
Pay an airport departure fee, if applicable.There’s an airport departure fee for Curacao of USD. Some airlines will include this departure fee in the ticket price, so check online or ask your airline if it’s included in your airfare or not.
- The airport departure fee is often included in the ticket price for airlines such as American Airlines, Air Canada, and KLM.
- This fee is an airport tax.
Booking Lodging and Transportation in Curacao
Book a hotel or similar accommodations for your stay.Whether you're staying in a hotel, resort, or other type of lodging, you'll want to try to book it in advance. Go online to read reviews for hotels in the area you wish to stay, and navigate to the company's website to book your lodging.
- Websites such as Expedia tend to show you the best deals for hotels.
- To look at lodging options in Curacao, you can also visit .
- If there are certain activities you know you want to do, such as hang out at the beach or visit art galleries, try to book hotels or housing near those activities.
Decide what type of transportation you'll use around the island.The easiest way to explore the island is to rent a car for your stay. You can also use public transportation, such as buses or small vans that frequent certain routes. Taking a taxi is also always an option.
- While you can bike around the island, it's best to do this in the evening and for shorter distances due to the heat.
- Some resorts and/or hotels will offer transportation from the airport directly to the resort or hotel in which you're staying, so check to see if this applies to you.
- For more information about car rentals, visit .
Find activities that you're interested in experiencing.Start thinking about what things you might want to do in Curacao, such as diving, shopping, or visiting museums. Deciding which activities you want to do in advance will help you budget and plan adequately for the trip.
- You can go to the beach, browse an art gallery, go sailing, explore caves, go golfing, and more!
- Fore more information about activities in Curacao, visit .
Video: Curacao - Amsterdam Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner TUI Premium Comfort Class
How to Personalize Your Desk
Easy to Prepare 100 Calorie Snacks
Cute Winter Outfits Teenage Girls-17 Hot Winter Fashion Ideas
Dogs Can Get Jealous, Too
The Unbelievable Way Meditation Could Be The Missing Piece Of Your Weight Loss Puzzle
Could Banning BPA Prevent Asthma
I Lost 143 Pounds By Eating Healthier Versions Of My Favorite Foods’
Why we stop discovering new music around age 30
What it feels like to sleep with your best friend
Bvlgari Launches Luxurious Mask-Like Sunglasses Inspired By Italy